Clubs, Pubs, Café
- Berlin (Germany)
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Brno (Czechia)
- Gdańsk (Poland)
- Köln (Germany)
- Kraków (Poland)
- Leipzig (Germany)
- Ostrava (Czechia)
- Poznań (Poland)
- Prague (Czechia)
- Sitges (Spain)
- Vienna (Austria)
- Wrocław (Poland)
Works well :) We recommend to purchase a 3day ticket or combination of 24hours tickets.
Night buses (0:30 - 4:30) go at least every 30 minutes, on weekends every 20 minutes.
Journey planner: IDOS.cz.
Would you like to skip touristic traps and avoid crowds?
Use special Act like a local map of Prague.
Beer, beer, beer
Czechia is famous for its beer and we’re proud of it. We have one of the best beer (according to us, try it and make your own opinion) and it’s cheap too – cheaper than water.
Thanks to these facts we have the highest beer consumption in the world: more than 156 liters of beer per capita each year – old people, newborns and dogs included.
Useful tips & info
Still no eurozone in sight, so be prepared to do some math: 1 EUR is approximately 27 CZK (Kč, korun, Czech crowns).
The safest way to get some cash is at an ATM. They are omnipresent.
We recommend using an exchange office Praha Exchange, Jindřišská 12, Prague (there are more on that street - choose the one with red design).
There are many places where you can change money, euros, dollars, pounds or anything in Prague, but some of them will SCAM you:(
So you have to be careful. The rates may differ, but never more the +- 1 CZK off the official rate.
You can always check the map at http://bit.ly/ChangePrague if the place is reported as safe.
- Tips in restaurants
Apart from 10% from the total you can use another system - when you receive a bill from the waiter, use the easy math, round the number up and tell the waiter how much he should take to keep at least 6 CZK. So for example: when you pay 143 CZK, tell the waiter: “150 CZK is okay”. But when it’s e.g. 148 CZK you should leave 160 CZK.
- Opening hours
Most museums are closed on Mondays. Many shops are closed on Sundays outside of the city centre. Restaurants usually serve warm meals until 21:00 (or 22:00). Later you can get some fast food.
Since July 2017 there is ban on smoking inside of the restaurants and bars. You can still smoke outside of the place.
Recommended bars/pubs in Prague
Recommended saunas in Prague
Recommended Bear & Butch parties in Prague
Quick tour of the city tips
- you should start with nostalgic tram No. 23 from Zvonařka stop through the city to the tram stop Brusnice.
- the tram stop Zvonařka is located in front of a house with address "U Zvonařky 9, Prague".
- you need only a valid regular ticket for Prague public transport - there is no extra fee for this tram
- from the tram stop Brusnice walk through picturesque Nový Svět to the Prague Castle
- then walk to the viewtower Petřín (so called "small copy of Eiffel Tower")
- from Petřín you can go downhill by a funicular (works also with regular public transport ticket) to Újezd, there is well-known family ice-cream parlor "Angelato Ujezd"
- then across Malostranské náměstí to Kampa with "Pissing sculpture" and through Charles bridge, Staroměstské náměstí (Oldtown square) to Václavské náměstí (Wenceslaus square)
- possible lunch after the tour in a "Czech canteen" Havelská Koruna (close to Wenceslaus square) where you can taste not overpriced Czech cuisine
- walking path: ~6km, slightly challenging walk through the city
Quick Tour Map
Nudist / Naturist Beaches
Počernický rybník, unofficial beach, there are no kiosks, so you need to bring everything with you.
Take train S1 from Masarykovo nádraží to Běchovice.
From the train station Praha-Běchovice (from the furthest track from the station building) you need to walk (along the tracks in direction back to the city) approximately 700m (~ 10 min).
Ticket for public transport (bus, tram, metro) are also valid in a train to the station Běchovice. (except SMS ticket).
Interesting info about the Czechs in Prague 10 Things I wish someone told me before I moved to Prague.
- United Kingdom
Collaboration, mutual promotion, partnership, friendship, building relationships family - this is what we are doing.
Big thank you belongs to all our partners for their help.